It is our goal at First Baptist to be actively involved in missions. Our goal is to be a church that not only talks about missions and financially supports missions, rather one that does missions! We want to put our hands and feet in the street telling others about our savoir. We offer many different opportunities for those who want to serve, Care and Share, World Changers, local and trips abroad are just a few of the exciting ways to serve. Ask today how you can help make First Baptist and yourself a Acts 1:8 church.
Mission Opportunities in 2018:
- Clothing Closet – Our Free Clothing Closet is open to the community the 1st Saturday of each month from 10:00 – 3:00.
- Operation Christmas Child – We are a collection center and collect items year-round for the shoe box packing in November. The following dates are workdays - volunteers to sew, cut fabric, wrap boxes, and many other projects.
- Kentucky Youth Mission Trip–Our youth will be hosting a VBS at Wooton 1st Baptist Church in Kentucky July 5th - 13th. Please keep them in your prayers.
- Operation Hope 2018 – Our partner church, Wedgwood Baptist in Texas, will be flying up for the 5th consecutive year to join FBCNP in ministry and evangelism in Salcha, North Pole, and Fairbanks. They will be here July 29th - August 6th, 2019. If you would like to join us in ministry, please contact the church office.
- Costa Rica Mission Trip – Our church has become partners with Biblica Sinai and Pastor Fidel in Costa Rica. We traveled there in 2016 and 2017 to support their church in ministry and evangelism at the local parks, school, and community. We are heading back for our 3rd trip January 3rd - 13th 2019. This time we will be putting on VBS for around 200 children! If you are interested in joining us on future trips, please call the church office.
- Alabama Mission Team –for the 2nd consecutive year, a team from First Baptist Church Fairview in Alabama is flying up to join FBCNP in ministry and evangelism in our local community. We will need help from our church family providing meals.
- Giving – a percentage of all general offerings we receive go to the Alaska Baptist Convention and helps to support not only our North American missionaries but also international missionaries.